We had Elijah's baby blessing this last Sunday. My sister came into town on Wednesday to save my sanity. She cleaned, cooked, played with Abby and Aidan, held Eli when he was crying, changed diapers, held Eli when he was crying, mopped floors, held Eli when he was crying, babysat Eli when he was crying, and still found time to have a little fun. I owe her big now and will have to repay her when she has a little one of her own one day.
The rest of our group arrived on Saturday. Craig brought Randy, Megan and Morgan. My mom and dad flew into Phoenix and drove down, and Dolores flew right into Tucson. Dan and Sierra drove into town on their way from Louisiana to Utah. Everyone made a big effort to be here and we appreciate their love and support in this event.
My mom made Elijah's blessing outfit knowing I would never find the time. She made it perfectly. It was exactly, if not above and beyond, what I would have made. ADORABLE!!!
We had a BBQ Saturday night that was a lot of fun. Spencer grilled Slovakia....mmmmmm, and we even had homemade peach ice cream. Sunday we had the blessing in the morning. The blessing was beautiful and Eli did wonderful. I love my husband. His faith is strong and his love for our family is great. Sunday afternoon we had lunch and hung out. Monday we went to the pool and played.
By Monday night everyone had left except Dan and Sierra. They stayed until Wednesday morning. We took them to the Desert Museum on Tuesday morning to see the wildlife and cactus. It was a good day for it too...a bit breezy and overcast.
I will try to get pictures of Elijah in his outfit in the next week or so. Enjoy the pictures from this weekend.



3 comments:
Cute pictures! after being there I comprehend the picture of Aidan with his speed racer! It was so good to see you guys and bask in the warm, DRY weather!
Congrats! We wish we could have been there. Nate really felt bad about not coming. Hopefully, we will be able to get this house closed on and won't have more unexpected costs. Hopefully we will be able to see you this summer! Do you guys think you will be coming to Utah at all?
Loved all the pictures! You looked so great in the picture with you and baby Eli...he is really a gorgeous baby boy. I can't find your number, which is why I haven't called you back :) We are out of town Friday to Saturday night, but we are on for Sunday...call me and tell me what to bring!!!!
Post a Comment