A couple of weeks ago we let Elijah cry himself to sleep. I turned off the baby monitor and practically cried myself to sleep right along with the little guy. The first taste of betrayal. I HATE doing this, but it does have it's benefits. Elijah now sleeps through the night, and if he does get up he fusses for just a minute and then settles back down to sleep. I can now put him in his crib at nap time, he will cry for about 45 seconds and then go to sleep on his own. I still hate hearing him cry, but I am getting a LOT more sleep these days..... not on late homework nights though. This is a picture of him after he cried himself to sleep for a nap. I came back into to cover him up with a blanket and my heart just sank. He had cried until he sunk into defeat.
Eli can say "Dada" and now he can make car noises. These next 3 pictures are of Eli pushing a car on the floor and making car sounds. It was so cute to watch. I hope to have the video camera more accessible in the future!
As I try to set up the house more (a very slow process), it is becoming more and more apparent that I will be child proofing anything below 2 1/2 feet. Will I be better prepared because Aidan came first, or did Aidan come first to better prepare me for Eli?
Eli has a BIG head. He ranks in the 95th percentile! These are pictures of his PJ's getting stuck on his head. Hehehehe. He thought it was funny. I agree.
Eli sticks EVERYTHING in his mouth lately. I have nicknamed him HOOVER. Just today I saw him crawling across the floor with a satisfied look on his face and drool running out his mouth (the big clue) and when I stuck my finger in to do a sweep he had "treasure" inside. After removing it he cried and threw a little tantrum like I had taken away his dinner.
He loves the bath. Notice the bruises on his forehead? Those will be a common theme until he can learn to be more coordinated. If he got his mother's genes, he will have a bruise on his forehead for years to come!
Eli eats breakfast in the morning and dinner at night. He loves crackers, frozen yogurt sticks, peas, noodles, and cereal puffs. Still no teeth.
Eli has been 9 months of fun. We are excited to see what his first birthday will bring.
5 comments:
he is so cute! I have hardly seen him, but I miss him so much! It will be fun to be able to get to hopefully see you this summer. Good luck with school.
love the pictures and the update.
He is adorable! Your photos have captured that cute personality so well.
What a sinkin' cute kid you've got there. I can't believe how big he is getting. Love the pictures.
He really is adorable. I can relate to the big head, Parker has a big head too, and his PJ's and shirts are always getting stuck on his head, too. I love the face he is making in the last picture!
Post a Comment