Spencer put the garden beds together over 4 weeks ago but I had yet to get the fill dirt or plant the veggies until this last weekend. I had a good friend come over and help me put the fill dirt into the garden beds, and then the kids and I went shopping for veggie plants/seeds. Aidan and Eli helped me plant everything but the corn (Abby was at a sleepover). We saved the corn for Abby to plant (her request). After we planted the garden we talked about seeds and faith. We will be excited to see how our garden flourishes (or hopefully flourishes) in the month. More pictures to come. We planted tomato, green onion, peppers, cilantro (salsa garden), corn, pumpkin, watermelon, squash, cucumber, basil, mint, peas, carrots, and strawberries. I think it might be a bit late in the season for the strawberries, but they were Aidan's request.
Now if only we can keep the bunnies and the bugs away! The fence is going up today, and I sprinkled an organic pest repellant around the plants. Here's hoping.

These bunnies are frequent visitors to our new grass. It is like an all you can eat salad bar in the back yard! But not in my garden little hoppers!

This bug flew at Abby while she was planting the corn and then landed on the top of the stroller. This picture is from the research I did to see what kind of beetle it was. It is a Eyed Click Beetle.... "harmless". UUUUGLY, but harmless.
2 comments:
I am VERY impressed with your garden beds!!! I wish we had that much garden to plant in (Matthew would be EXTREMELY jealous :) I am excited to hear/see how everything grows!
Looks Great!
Post a Comment