Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our Newest Air Force Adventure

South Carolina here we come!!!!



Wow! I can now imagine how those missionaries feel when they open their calling and see "Boise, Idaho". Sure we'll go, and we most likely will end up loving it.....but South Carolina!?!? It wasn't even on our "wish" list. I talked to a military wife from Shaw AFB (the base where we are going to be stationed) and she said, "Yeah, Shaw AFB is not on anyone's list, they just send people here!"

On a positive note... South Carolina is the home of Myrtle Beach, and the beautiful city of Charleston.





It has lakes and rivers galore, along with numerous camping spots, and Spencer' newest foreseen hobby of kayaking. Maybe we might just pick up surfing!



We will also be the shortest distance from an LDS Temple then we ever have been before! The Columbia, SC Temple is about 40 minutes away.



The city we will be living in is Sumter, SC. It is a smaller city compared to Tucson, but Columbia is close. We are currently investigating all the other "perks" to this new assignment.

9 comments:

Niki said...

WOW!! I am excited for you guys!!! The picture of the beach looks beautiful, and it will definitely be wonderful to be by rivers and lakes! Congrats on your new adventure!

Lauren Brown said...

This is great news!! The Carolinas are fun....and Charleston and just charming. Congrats guys! Verrry cool. I'm a little sad it's not Hawaii, but hey, beggars can't be choosers right?? ;)

Stacy said...

Just make sure when you go camping to keep the ticks and bugs away!! I have never been to the Carolinas....So I guess I can now put them on my places to visit! I know you guys will enjoy your time there!!

Christina said...

Chris is going to be so jealous when I tell him! He served his mission in SC and is still talking about it and insists that we ALWAYS go back. You'll have to check out Hilton Head, that is usually where we vacation! It really is pretty there, I don't care for the humidity, but we really like visiting! :) Next time we make it out there, you'll be on our list! ;) (I'm sad you are moving because I was wanting to come to AZ to see family and visit you too!)

Christina said...

I think that is the base Chris used to serve at, too. Seriously, he is really going to be jealous. He might plan a trip ASAP! :)

Crandalls said...

SC sounds fun:) I am a little jealous! I bet it will be so pretty there and there will be lots of cultural things to learn. Like I am the one to say....but when it isn't on your wish list at ALL (like us) there is still a reason, just not a AF reason!

Cottrells said...

Wow you guys are moving across the country! I drove through SC once on my way to visit my bro. in NC, its very pretty and GREEN! Yeah for a close temple! Good luck guys!

BoltonBlog said...

What a great adventure you will have. It will be a great experience for your children to get to live in so many different places. We will be sad because we had always hoped you might join us back in Utah. Make sure you let us know when you get your new address so we can keep in touch

familywithfivekids said...

hmmmnnn, after looking at these pictures you've posted I'm going to have to look into SC more! It looks so gorgeous there!

Pickens Plan