Thursday, August 13, 2009

Farewell Little Ted

Theodore E. Bear the Hamster died today. "Ted" was such a great little pet. If his whole purpose of existence was to make Abby happy, he surpassed all expectations. It was hard to break the news to Abby when she got home from school. I already had him in a little box wrapped with white paper. After Abby said her goodbyes, she wrote "I love you Ted" on the box and drew a picture of her and Ted together. Spencer dug a small grave in the back yard between two bushes and we all said our goodbyes, put a hibiscus flower in with him and buried him. We will miss the little guy. Thank you Ted for making my children happy.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Abby, I am so sorry to hear about Ted. He was a good friend! I am sure that he loved you as much as you love him!

Crandalls said...

oh no! Poor Abby:)So is Ted going to be replaced?

Cottrells said...

Oh no! How sad for Abby. I don't think I'll pass that along to Corynn. She took her hamster sitting duties quite seriously and became rather attached to the furry fella.

Niki said...

That is so sad. Goodbye Ted, I am glad Abby loved you so much!!! When our hamster Max died, I was devastated. He made the move from Utah to Arizona with us, and only lived a few months longer. Hamsters are the BEST!!!

Christina said...

Poor Ted! And poor Abby! I am not looking forward to ever losing a pet. (My dog is getting close.) I'm sure she handled it better than I ever would! :)

BoltonBlog said...

Oh, sorry for the lose. I can't imagine having to explain that to her.

Pickens Plan