One week ago on the whirl-wind day that Spencer arrived home, Abby had her first day of school. I honestly don't think she had just ONE thing that she was more excited over. Her dad coming home, her 1st day of school, and her mom's birthday. School was definitely a highlight of the day for Spencer and I. I still can't believe how big she is!!

Abby has quite a few friends just in our neighborhood that are in Kindergarten this year too. Here is a picture of (left to right) Malachi, Abby and Isaac. I think they are all a bit braver knowing that they have friends experiencing the same thing.

The bus came to the bus stop (in front of our house...how did we get so lucky?), and Abby was so excited she jumped right on. No hesitation! No looking to her parents for approval! Just really excited. We all stood to wave goodbye. I shed a few tears, but didn't completely break down until I was safely inside. Spencer hugged me as I bawled "I can't believe our daughter just jumped on the bus like that.....sob, sob,.....she is getting so big!....sob."

Right after Spencer was sure I wouldn't fall to pieces when he let go of me, he raced out the door to follow the bus to school. He parked the car and was at the school when Abby's bus arrived.

This photo with the three kids holding hands isn't staged. Abby and Malachi still walk hand in hand on their way to class. It's cute. It's comforting. Safety in numbers, right? We really have made some good friends here in Tucson.

Our friend Becky took this picture of Spencer and Abby in front of Abby's classroom. Her teacher's name is Miss Tucker. She just graduated with her Master's Degree in Elementary Education, and this is her second year teaching. Miss Tucker is very excited and full of fun ideas. It should be a fun year for Abby.

This is Abby sitting at her desk in her classroom.
Kindergarten is only a half day here, so she was on her way home before lunch. Once again Spencer drove to the school to help document the process and make sure there was enough supervision for our little girl.
This helps sum up what a big day we had.... welcome home flags for Spencer flying in the wind -as Abby's school bus drops her off from the first day of school.
We have entered into a new phase of our lives. School Aged Kids!!! Our life now revolves around homework, science projects, PTA, School Plays, and Peers. Wow!
4 comments:
Sure looks like an eventful day! At least Abby jumps on the bus with out a second thought...that's better then forcing her on kicking and screaming!! Well it takes a good mom to prepare their kids for school and it looks like you did it. Have fun at the wedding this weekend. I wish we could see you too.
Off she goes! How exciting! I do miss the modified year round. We start in late Aug. here in Texas. I will be teaching 1st grade. Yeah for Abby! What an exciting time! Good luck!
Spencer, nice driving to be in all those places that fast! :)
Abby is already in Kindergarten? Wow, time flies! Congratulations on your first day of school Abby!
Kris-Miss. Where are you?? I want my BD piccies!!
Post a Comment